Celebrate Independence While Rocking Greek Gear
What's more fun than sporting greek gear on the Fourth of July? America's Independence Day celebration is filled with flags, fireworks, picnics and parades. It's a perfect time to get out and enjoy the company of friends and family, not to mention the company of the hometown girls. The Fourth of July is right around the corner. Do you have all of the necessary Greek gear to stand out and enjoy the holiday in style?
Fun facts about Independence Day
How much do you know about Independence Day? Sure, you know it celebrates the beginning of the nation that would become the United States, but did you know these fun facts?
- U.S. military bases perform a salute to the union every year at noon on July 4th by firing one gun for each of the 50 states.
- Calvin Coolidge was the only president (so far) to be born on the Fourth of July. Three presidents (John Adams, Thomas Jefferson and James Monroe) have died on the Fourth of July.
- The Fourth of July didn't become a paid holiday for federal employees until 1938.
Celebrating the Fourth of July
Celebrating the Fourth of July is all about tradition. Which of these time-honored activities are you enjoying this year?
- Picnics -- Whether you're cooking bratwurst or burgers, everything tastes better cooked over charcoal.
- Parades -- Some of the largest Independence Day parades are in Philadelphia, Boston, St. Louis, New York City and Baltimore.
- Baseball -- Major league baseball takes advantage of the holiday weekend to host some unusual match-ups between American and National League teams.
- Fireworks -- Some of the largest fireworks displays in the country include those in New York City, San Diego, Detroit (which combines its celebration with the Canada Day celebration in Windsor), Boston and Chicago.
Greek gear for the 4th of July
Show your fraternity pride on the Fourth of July with casual Greek gear, like t-shirts, shorts, sunglasses and beach towels.
Campus Classics has been a leading retailer of Greek gear, flags and other Greek items for over 25 years. We offer 38 different fraternities and our merchandise is fully licensed by the organizations.